Dear Movement members,
We’re really excited to be opening up on Monday, June 1st. We know a lot of you have questions on how the facility will operate so we have included all the relevant info you will need.
To follow Provincial requirements, as well as our own personal requirements for what we feel safe and comfortable doing, we have made some changes to how our facility operates. Please see all of these changes below.
- All memberships will start back up automatically on Monday, June 1st.
- All members will need to go to our website and login to Zen Planner or download the Zen Planner member app to book sessions
- To login, enter your email we have on file, then click forgot password to set a new one
- If you never provided us an email, send us a message with your email so we can add it
- Don’t create an account on your own as it will make you sign up for a new membership
All workouts must now be booked online through our website to help control daily numbers
- You can book in
1-hour30-minute time blocks with up to two 1 hour blocks in a row
- You must book at least
2 hours1 hour before your time slot
- You can reserve slots up to 3 days in advance.
We will be screening every person upon entry into the facility.
- Anyone who fails to meet our screening protocols will not be allowed to stay
Moving forward our member hours will be:
- 7am-1pm and 4pm-9pm Monday-Friday
- 6am-7am and 1 pm-4pm Monday-Friday exclusively reserved for clients
- 7am-8am will be split between clients and up to 6 members
- 9am-5pm Saturday
- 10am-4pm Sunday
- We will gradually extend as we feel it is safe and wise to do so
We will have guaranteed staff hours 10am-6pm Monday-Friday
- The rest of the hours will be staff based on registration
- If no one registers to workout, staff may not be on site
To start, we will be limiting the gym to
10 12 individuals working out any given time
- This means 15 max individuals in facility including staff and trainers
- When we feel comfortable it will increase to 15 working out and 20 in the facility
- This will be decided on a week to week basis
- Group sessions must fit within this criteria, meaning no groups larger than 10
- This will then increase to 15 when we feel makes sense
We will be allowing new members and clients after proper screening protocols are taken
- No single drop-ins or week passes will be allowed for the foreseeable future
To control cleanliness, safety, and time spent within the facility:
- Showers will be off-limits for the foreseeable future
- We request everyone come ready to workout already wearing workout clothes
- No lounging around or congregating
- We have removed the lounge area, fridge, and microwave
All equipment/workout stations will be 6 ft apart to ensure proper social distancing
- All cardio equipment and racks will face the walls to limit spread
We have made major improvements to our sanitation protocols
- Using hand sanitizer will be required upon entrance and exit
- There will be three separate sanitizing stations within the gym
- We will provide spray bottles to each person working out
- This will help prevent any unnecessary sharing
- We have new paper towel dispensers within the training area
- There will be no more cleaning clothes; strictly single-use, disposable towels
- Staff will do hourly cleaning
- This includes washrooms and any high touch surfaces such as door handles
- There will be no sharing of equipment
- Everyone must sanitize equipment before someone else will be able to use them
- This means no working in, together on racks, benches, platforms, etc.
All accessories items will now be behind the desk and must be signed out
- Some items will no longer be available due to the inability to sanitize properly
- The gym will no longer be providing bands or other small accessories items to use
- These cannot be sanitized properly between use
- We will be able to sell you bands and other items if interested
Chalk will be allowed but will no longer be provided in any shared-use capacity
- Individuals must bring their own chalk and must not share with others
- We will sell individual blocks of chalk on site for those who need
Spotting is an important safety measure when lifting, but there are important changes:
- Please limit asking for a spot to the times when you for sure need one
- Spots will only be given by individuals wearing a mask and from staff or trainers.
We highly recommend all members bring their own water. Our water cooler will be available but can only be used by staff to ensure it is disinfected after each use.
We highly recommend signing up online to streamline the process and allow you to book your sessions quicker.
If you’re a student, however, you must sign up in person. In-person signs ups can happen during guaranteed staff hours.
These hours have been tweaked to:
10am-1pm & 4pm-6pm Weekdays
Outside of these hours, staff are not guaranteed to be available or on site.
Staff will always be on site during any time slots with booked members and clients.
If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. We look forward to seeing you all again soon!